RE: [css-variables] CSS Variables are a NEW kind of variable

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:23:43 +0000
To: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

[François REMY:]
> > The very idea of mixing up a function with a name ('define') is
> > completely confusing.
>
> +1, BTW.

All right, just so I understand what was being talked about. What part
of the following included/'mixed up' a "function"?

	:root { define-link-color: blue }
	a { color: $link-color }

I see a user-defined property set to a value. And a delimiter to dereference/use
that user-defined property. We're clearly not talking about the CSS function
syntax since there is no such thing here so what are we referring to?