RE: [css3-flexbox] flex-shrink defines a negative flex ratio; negative numbers are invalid

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:27:32 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

[Tab Atkins Jr.:]

> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Usability question: is it potentially odd or confusing for the
> > negative flex ratio to be a positive integer and to make negative
> > values invalid? [1]
> >
> > [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#flex-shrink-property

> No clue.  I haven't been confused by it so far, but that's not a strong
> indicator.

It doesn't bother me unduly either but on reading the prose I just found it odd
to be told a negative ratio must be a positive integer. And given the encouragement
to use the shorthand I wondered if making flex-shrink a negative could help make
the value more readable by clarifying which flex value does what.