Re: [css3-fonts] truetype collection

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:05:30 -0700
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 11/05/12 7:13 AM, MURATA Makoto wrote:

> I thus propose to explicitly eliminate TrueType collections in CSS3 Fonts.
> Since it is not clear whether or not TrueType collections are OpenType,

A TTC file may currently contain anything that a TrueType-flavour
OpenType font can contain, and I understand that the format may be
extended to cover CFF-flavour OpenType too. Basically, a TTC is a
mechanism for sfnt fonts to share tables, and hence reduce their
combined size.

It can be a very useful format, and I would rather see it accommodated
than eliminated.

JH