RE: [css3-fonts] truetype collection

+1 to what John Hudson says.

In addition, TTC is a normative part of the OpenType specification, and there is an ongoing discussion about extending TTC concept to support CFF OT fonts (with OTC as a name for it). In fact, there is nothing in the current spec that would prohibit it, it's just the name itself ("TrueType Collection") implies that its use may be limited to TrueType-flavored fonts only. So, in light of these discussions taking place, it seems much more reasonable to extend the CSS to support TTC rather than restricting its use.

As far as media type is concerned, once we have media type defined (hopefully soon) that allows specifying a font resource with a particular type of glyph outlines - would that be sufficient? Is there a real need to distinguish a single font from a font collection at this level?

Thank you,
Vladimir