Re: [css3-fonts] truetype collection

John,

Nobody has requested the support of TrueType collections in CSS3 Fonts.
Somebody pointed out that GSUB of OpenType can eliminate unnecessary
duplication of information.

I thus propose to explicitly eliminate TrueType collections in CSS3 Fonts.
Since it is not clear whether or not TrueType collections are OpenType,
I think that we need normative statements for eliminating TrueType
collections.

Regards,
Makoto.

2012/5/9 MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>:
> John,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I don't know whether this feature is required
> or not, and I am looking forward to comments from experts.  I strongly hope
> that this issue does not delay the completion of  CSS3 Fonts.
>
> Regards,
> Makoto
>
> 2012/5/6 John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>:
>>
>> Murata-san wrote:
>>
>>> Does CSS3 Fonts support TrueType Collection (TTC)?
>>
>> There's no explicit reference to TTC support in CSS3 Fonts.  The only
>> thing that would be needed was an explicit way to reference the
>> individual faces in the collection, for example:
>>
>>  @font-face {
>>    font-family: MyFont;
>>    src: url(fonts/myfont.ttc#1); /* use the first font in the set of fonts */
>>  }
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> John Daggett
>

> --
>
> Praying for the victims of the Japan Tohoku earthquake
>
> Makoto

Makoto