Re: [css3-images] aliasing of object-fit/object-position

fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> skreiv Thu, 22 Mar 2012 04:35:37
+0100

> On 03/09/2012 02:36 AM, Leif Arne Storset wrote:
>>
>> The point of aliasing is not related to what was published. Rather,
>> what's important is what was implemented.
>>
>> Having said that, it is really HP that has to speak up if this aliasing
>> is to be kept. If their printers or drivers don't need
>> this for backward compat, we should just drop it.
>
> The CSSWG discussed this issue today and resolved to shift the aliasing
> definition from CSS3 Images to the CSS Print Profile. The minutes are
> available here:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Mar/0504.html
>
> Please let me know if you find this acceptable.

It was Erik Dahlström who originally raised the issue. Erik, do you find
it acceptable?

As far as I'm concerned, it's acceptable for now; like Florian said, we
can drop it from the Print Profile later. I think we should drop it if we
receive no confirmation that it is still needed for backward compat,
though.

--
Leif Arne Storset
Core Technology Developer, Opera Software