Re: [css-hierarchies] HTML style attribute

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:28:17 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 3/4/12 10:47 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Good point.  "<el style='foo'>...</el>" can be thought of as a

Except for the fact that it has totally different cascading behavior,
right?  Though it's not clear to me whether the cascading behavior of
it cascaded in a separate level similar to inline style, I think.

The other thing to keep in mind when changing what @style does is that
this is one of the few cases where the CSSOM is _very_ widely used.
Which means that how all this stuff is exposed to the CSSOM becomes very
important in terms of evaluating the impact of the change.

-Boris