Re: [css-hierarchies] HTML style attribute

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Daniel Glazman
> Le 03/03/12 16:41, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 4:18 AM, François REMY<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Small questions for the spec editors of CSS Hierarchies: is it
>>> possible/needed to modify the syntax of the “style” attribute to
>>> accomodate
>>> hierarchies ?
>>
>> It would be nice, but as Ms2ger said, it was already attempted once.
>> I won't attempt to push the change in this draft, but reviving the old
>> Style Attribute draft would be an interesting thing to do eventually.
>
> I don't think François's request make sense given the fact scoped
> stylesheets are on their way...

Good point.  "<el style='foo'>...</el>" can be thought of as a
latter already does everything we'd need this feature to do.

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 5:25 AM, François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Scoped stylesheets are nice, but maintaining the HTML4 behavior in which the
> content of the "style" attribute was just inside a special rule targeting
> the current element seems valuable for the future, too.
>
> If we are going to modify what content can be found inside a css rule, I
> think we should modify the content that should be found in the style
> attribute accordingly, to keep mirroring, or we'll have two syntax to
> maintain instead of one.
>
> I don't understand the logic behind the HTML5 draft to create another
> (different) syntax for the CSS style attribute than for any regular css
> rule. Additionnaly, at this time, I think that they are indentical even if
> they use different tokens. This doesn't make sense to me, but it maybe does
> for someone else.

I don't understand what you're saying at all.  I suspect that you
don't understand what <style scoped> does, but I can't tell.

~TJ