Re: [css-hierarchies] HTML style attribute

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:14:07 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 06/03/12 08:52, Alexander Shpack a écrit :

> &  notation is not clear, imo. I think, the possibility to write a
> usual styles is better. Authors may use "this" keyword for defining
> style context

> this::before { content: '+'}”>
> a link that doesn’t follow traditionnal look&feel of links in the site
> </a>

In. One. Word : _never_. Sorry :-)
CSS also applies to XML where elements _can_ be named <this>.
I think & is clear enough for the time being. This proposal just
appeared on our radar and we have time to refine it. The syntax,
namely the one-char descriptor we're going to use, is certainly
note the most complex issue here so let's focus on what really
matters instead of diverging entirely.

On another note - and that's not for you Alexander but for everyone
here - contributing to a technical discussion is fine; keeping a
thread active beyond a firm and stable refusal by the editors is
just noise and a waste of time for everyone. Thanks.

</Daniel>