Re: [css3-images] Probably Editorial: radial-gradient() and concentric ellipses

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 17:39:20 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>, "WWW Style" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:01:35 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Based on this discussion, I've made a few tweaks to the wording.  I'm
> using the term "uniformly-scaled" in a few places, and better define
> the actual rendering of the gradient with the following paragraph:
>
> """
> The color of the gradient at any point is determined by first finding
> the unique ellipse passing through that point with the same center and
> ratio between major and minor axises as the ending-shape. The point's
> color is then the color of the gradient ray at the point where this
> ellipse intersects it.
> """
>
> Does this sound all right?

I think this has the same issue as the other paragraph used to have. It
could be resolved by something like s/center/center, orientation/, or by
somehow saying "the unique ellipse <among those mentioned earlier> passing
through that point", though I can't think of a neat way of phrasing that.

I'll try to stop with the fussiness now... except for a language nitpick:
I'm pretty sure it's "axes", not "axises" (since we're not talking about
the deer here).

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA