Re: [css3-regions] Improve the NamedFlow JS interface

On 6/21/12 8:36 AM, "Andrei Bucur" <abucur@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've been reading the thread [1] on the public-webapps list and I was
>wondering if anyone came up with a common use case for enumerating all the
>NamedFlows in a Document. If not, I would like to re-propose making the
>namedFlow collection indexable by name.
>As long as there's a way (e.g. using Object.keys()) to iterate through the
>NamedFlow objects, I think it's more intuitive for a JS developer to see
>the collection as a map. Having both a getter function (getFlowByName())
>and the collection attribute (namedFlows) seems confusing (questions like
>"Which one should I use?" or "What's the point of that collection?" come
>in my mind). Unifying the two APIs looks like a good option to me.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>Andrei.
>
>[1]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0101.html

Andrei,

Are you suggesting we replace the NamedFlowCollection with a NamedFlowMap
as Tab proposed?

Or are you suggesting we change the NamedFlowCollection getter to take a
string argument instead of an index, and remove Document.getFlowByName()?

Thanks,

Alan