Re: [css3-regions] Improve the NamedFlow JS interface

From: Andrei Bucur <abucur@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:36:02 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hello,

I've been reading the thread [1] on the public-webapps list and I was
wondering if anyone came up with a common use case for enumerating all the
NamedFlows in a Document. If not, I would like to re-propose making the
namedFlow collection indexable by name.
As long as there's a way (e.g. using Object.keys()) to iterate through the
NamedFlow objects, I think it's more intuitive for a JS developer to see
the collection as a map. Having both a getter function (getFlowByName())
and the collection attribute (namedFlows) seems confusing (questions like
"Which one should I use?" or "What's the point of that collection?" come
in my mind). Unifying the two APIs looks like a good option to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrei.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0101.html