RE: [css3-exclusions] ordering exclusions by z-order

From: Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:30:43 +0000
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 5:57 AM

The language specifies that this is true for the boxes generated by an element. I don't see a reason why this spec should be different than any other and define everything in terms of the obvious one-to-many relation between elements and boxes. Can you point me to a spec besides the CSS3 Fragmentation (which is where all of this actually belongs) that we can use as an example?

> Not off the top of my head.
>
> How about saying something like "The ‘wrap-flow’ property makes each border-box of an element an exclusion box."
Thanks Rob, the proposed text sounds good and I’ll try to push it into the ED. Still, I am still puzzled by the insistence on this spec to be different and specify everything in terms of fragmentation.

Thanks,
Rossen