Re: [css3-images][css4-images] Replace 'dppx' with 'x'?

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:11:58 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 06/14/2012 11:25 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:

> In addition, I still think that most authors will interpret "resolution" in terms of physical screen size,
> not the 1:96 fixed CSS inch:pixel ratio.

I think they're just as likely to interpret "device-width" in terms of physical
screen size, but that's also interpreted using the 1:96 ratio. I will admit I'm
somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that MQ does not use physical device
measurements, especially since it's used outside of CSS contexts, but at least
this way things are consistent within MQ.

~fantasai