Re: Define <br> by CSS means?

From: Dennis Amrouche <dennis@screenlabor.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:35:52 +0200
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>

Am 21.07.2012 um 14:18 schrieb Simon Sapin:

> Le 21/07/2012 13:29, Dennis Amrouche a écrit :
>> I feel totally unsafe with workarounds Simon suggested.... we wanted
>> to minmize mark up right? Why put in there comments to prevent a
>> white space?
>
> Commenting white space is just a trick I had not thought of before seeing it. Don’t use it if you don’t like it.
>
> As Dennis I don’t know Andrew’s use case. ...
> Each work-around may have its downsides. Pick the trade-off you prefer.
>
> There may be other solutions, but as long as we don’t know what the original problem really is …

All that is so true Simon, no offence.

My experience is: sometimes the flaw isnt the spec but the concept or the understanding of the html/css-designer of a particular problem ...

In such cases, it is good to remember: maybe your work-around is an overhead of thought or simply the worshipping of a false idea... lean back, have a cup of tea and recall the problem by its original structure... :-)

Cheers,
Dennis