Re: Define <br> by CSS means?

Le 21/07/2012 13:29, Dennis Amrouche a écrit :
> I feel totally unsafe with workarounds Simon suggested.... we wanted
> to minmize mark up right? Why put in there comments to prevent a
> white space?

Commenting white space is just a trick I had not thought of before
seeing it. Don’t use it if you don’t like it.

As Dennis I don’t know Andrew’s use case. But one situation where such
white space can be a problem is with consecutive inline-blocks. Another
work-around is to set "font-size: 0" to the parent (so that the
whitespace do not take any horizontal space) and restore some other
font-size in each inline-block. Yes, it is ugly.

Each work-around may have its downsides. Pick the trade-off you prefer.

Anyway, the original question was answered. It is one solution for some
problem. There may be other solutions, but as long as we don’t know what
the original problem really is …

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin