Re: [css3-flexbox] Paint flex items atomically?

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:13:53 -0400
To: Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 06/28/2012 05:00 AM, Morten Stenshorne wrote:
> Should flex items be treated as if they sort of establish a new stacking
> context (except for descendants that are positioned or create true
> stacking contexts on their own)? I'm talking about what
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/zindex.html has to say about inline-block,
> inline-table and floats.

Hi Morten,

The CSSWG couldn't think of a good reason to make flex items
establish pseudo-stacking contexts, so we have resolved to
treat them the same way as block and table cell elements.
Please let us know if this is satisfactory, or if you have
further information for us to consider. :)

Thanks~
~fantasai