[css3-writing-modes] editorial comments on Appendix D: Intrinsic Dimensions

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 00:01:03 +0800
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
Some nit picking while I am trying to understand these keywords.

  # min-content
  #
  # Called the preferred minimum width in CSS2.1§10.3.5 and the
  # minimum content width in CSS2.1§5.2.2.

s/5.2.2/17.5.2.2/ and ditto for 'max-content'.

  # For the layout models in CSS2.1, both the min-content extent and
  # max-content extent of non-replaced elements are defined as the
  # content extent as defined (for horizontal writing modes) in
  # CSS2.1§10.6.3 and CSS2.1§17.5.3 for elements with ‘height:
  # auto’.

Does this mean using 'width: min-content' and 'width: max-content'
respectively? Can this be clarified a bit? Also, it would be better if
this is part of the definition of the keywords
'min-content'/'max-content', I think.

  # For replaced elements, the min-content and max-content sizes are
  # the same and correspond used size of the replaced element according
  # to the ‘auto’ width and height calculations.

s/correspond/corresponding to/ ?

Intrinsic Sizes in Multi-column Layout

  # The min-content and max-content sizes of a multi-column element are
  # undefined per [CSS3COL].

I think this is significantly confusing because you later define
'min-content'/'max-content' using the min/max-content measure of the
element's *contents*. My suggestion, if I understand the intention
correctly:

  | The behavior when 'min-content'/'max-content'/'fit-content' is
  | specified on 'width' or 'height' of a multi-column element is
  | undefined.

Or otherwise, what exactly is this paragraph trying to say?

  # New Values:‘min-content’|‘max-content’|‘fill-available’...

These should link to the <dt>s below instead of above.

Cheers,
Kenny