Re: [css4-selectors] Focused descendant pseudo class

From: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:34:32 +0200
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
CC: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style@w3.org
On 26/1/12 02:08, Brian Kardell wrote:
> Yes, I recall that ... and several people read ! as "not" which is where
> ? came from I think.  Its bike shedding to an extent, I admit, but I
> don't think without value to discard problematic ideas early on in favor
> of less problematic ones....

! as "not" is a prefix operator, not a postfix one, as the one currently
defined in the selectors4 draft. So, FWIW I don't think there's going to
be any such confusion.

I actually thought it's a great idea that it was changed to a ! since
that's what we use in natural language too in order to highlight
something important.

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)