Re: [css4-selectors] Focused descendant pseudo class

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:08:34 -0500
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Yes, I recall that ... and several people read ! as "not" which is where ?
came from I think.  Its bike shedding to an extent, I admit, but I don't
think without value to discard problematic ideas early on in favor of less
problematic ones....

Here is another observation on this that I don't recall being made
before... there is no facility to vendor prefix or easily experimentalize
new tokens...  I think this means this would be kind of a unique path to
standard implementation in css history... are there any other examples?

On the other hand :has I think should be able to express the same things
with a little thought and it follows the well worn (though maybe not fun)
paths...