[css3-flexbox] What types of box-tree fixup can occur?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:14:17 -0800
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Flexbox has to worry about box-tree fixup so it can properly wrap
things in anonymous flexbox items when appropriate, and reorder things
via flex-order.  I'm currently explicitly handling two types of
box-tree fixup - table-fixup and block-in-inline fixup - but I'm not
sure if I'm catching everything, or if there are more generic hooks I
can use to ensure that flexboxes play nicely with future extensions to
CSS.

For clarity, I have currently specified that table-fixup occurs
*before* flexbox does its thing, but block-in-inline fixup occurs
*after*.  This appears to be consistent with how these two fixup steps
occur in block layout, based on the limited testing I've done so far.

What other kinds of box-tree fixup might occur?  We removed
"display:run-in" from 2.1, so I don't need to worry about that (yet),
but I will someday.  What about Ruby?  Anything else?