Re: Adding a font to the current stack (smarter fallbacks)

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:10:36 -0800
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Oliver St. John" <osj@CBORD.com>
On Jan 11, 2012, at 9:49 , Oliver St. John wrote:

> This is a common problem for *all* list-valued properties in CSS; right now, they're always atomic, and you must re-specify the entire list if you want to change one part of it.
>
> We'd like to fix it, but no one's figured out how to do so yet.
> Suggestions welcome.  ^_^

well, additions could be handled generally by having syntax to say list now should contain "this that <<and all the list that this would have had if this rule hadn't been here>>"

subtractions and re-orderings are harder, but then, should you be removing stuff from other people's style sheets?

David Singer