Re: A CSS equivalent of HTML's DOCTYPE trigger

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:29:10 -0800
To: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>
Cc: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leaving aside the actual problem at hand, this thread is an example of
> the slightly frustrating nature of providing feedback and suggestions
> to the WG.
>
> Matt has a use-case/problem which the extant mechanisms within CSS are
> not capable of resolving. I made a couple of suggested changes in the
> thread that might help with it. But since neither of us is a member of
> the WG, how can we proceed? We can't raise issues in the tracker, and
> we can't edit the wiki, so we have no way to ensure the problem and
> ideas don't get lost in the mix.
>
> That lack of a structured mechanism for non-members to submit and
> track feedback is something that gives the WG the feel of a vendors'
> club sometimes.

We are somewhat unorganized in this respect. ;_;  We're trying to do better!

The spec editors generally handle logging bugs.  We have several
methods - using Tracker, using Bugzilla, or tracking them inline in
the spec.

In this case, the relevant spec is Text, which makes the relevant spec
editor Fantasai.  She'll get to this - this email thread is only a day
old.

Aaaaand it looks like she's just ninja'd me.  Well, I'll send this email anyway.