Re: A CSS equivalent of HTML's DOCTYPE trigger

From: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:44:41 +0000
To: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
Leaving aside the actual problem at hand, this thread is an example of
the slightly frustrating nature of providing feedback and suggestions
to the WG.

Matt has a use-case/problem which the extant mechanisms within CSS are
not capable of resolving. I made a couple of suggested changes in the
thread that might help with it. But since neither of us is a member of
the WG, how can we proceed? We can't raise issues in the tracker, and
we can't edit the wiki, so we have no way to ensure the problem and
ideas don't get lost in the mix.

That lack of a structured mechanism for non-members to submit and
track feedback is something that gives the WG the feel of a vendors'
club sometimes.

Jon