Re: Forums

From: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:55:26 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Isn't that a false arguemnt, in two ways?

1) You can't participate ina discussion offline because you can at
best only author a comment on what may be old thread content. You're
not tlaking to anyone, you're composing messages to old content.

2) Is it really a big use case for people using the lists that they
are disconnected from the internet whilst doing www-style work?
Seriously? I can only believe it's a tiny minority of cases where that
is true, and the work-around of "offline" is subject to the problems
of 1.

Get the same benefit by subscribing to forum RSS and having that pull
down to a reader on your machine.

There is nothing that email is doing that a forum can not also do. Better.