RE: [css3-grid-layout] grid cell stacking (overlap / subrows / subcolumns / flow)

> From: François REMY [mailto:fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr]
> Would it be possible/desirable to define a “grid-cell-stacking: overlap | rows | columns | flow” property, whose :

At the Seattle F2F we decided to remove grid-cell-stacking and the grid-cell pseudo-element from the grid spec.  There was some discussion about it on this mailing list in this thread [1] and you can review the discussion from the F2F minutes [2].

The editor’s draft [3] reflects our latest thinking.  The working draft hasn’t been updated yet because we also published a detailed track sizing algorithm at that time that we wanted to let bake.  It should be updated soon as we just resolved to update it during the last telcon.

-Phil

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011May/0479.html

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Aug/0072.html

[3] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-grid-align/