Re: wading into the Prefix morass...

Le 20/02/12 20:39, David Singer a écrit :

> so, instead of -webkit-frotz, we might see -css-a-frotz, -css-b-frotz, and so on (as the definition of frotz evolves), with some final definition being -frotz and equivalent to -css-r-frotz (well, I hope we don't have 'r' revisions of anything).
>
> I use -css- to suggest "the definition currently 'belongs' to the CSS WG", and the lack of it to say "it's now owned by the whole wonderful world and its web"…

David,

This was indeed suggested multiple times in the past. But since you're
the Apple AC-Rep, maybe you can answer that easy question: if we do
that, will Apple remove such early prefixes from WebKit even if they
are shipped and used in the wild? Without a VERY firm "yes", I will
increase the problem only, not decrease it...

</Daniel>