Re: Features and fixes incompatible with backward compatibility

From: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:33:59 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:25:05 +0100, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:
>   Mutually exclusive media types (screen, projection, print,
>   handheld) shouldn't have existed; media queries are the way to go.

I suppose you mean media features in media queries. I agree, and
fortunately,
at least this one isn't unsolvable. We just need to add enough media
features
to make the media types irrelevant, and then they won't matter.

We will have to carry them around forever, but they are not really
preventing us from doing the right thing in addition.

  - Florian