Re: Features and fixes incompatible with backward compatibility

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Then again, I don't think "everyone" thinks that the way physical units
> work right now is worse than the alternative, fwiw.

I think that's me :-).

The units we have now are far more useful than "true physical" units would
have been, since "true physical" units are mostly useless for Web pages
across the range of devices we need to deal with.

Maybe if we had only "px" and "truemm" (with the latter very rarely used),
things would be better because I'd be less frequently accused of destroying
the metric system :-).

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]