From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 8:01 AM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [css3-grid-layout] Organization of Grid Layout Spec

[This a series of comments arising from Bert and I attempting to merge the Template and Grid models into a combined Grid Template model so that we can have one layout model going forward. Some issues arise from merging.
Others are "we found lots of issues while attempting to merge" comments.]

Bert found the Grid model much easier to grok when I rearranged the properties under the following headers. It makes it easer to understand the relationships among related properties (and to thus notice inconsistencies in them!) and to understand what the different steps in using a grid are. So I suggest rearranging the spec accordingly.

Declaring a Grid Template
-------------------------

   grid-template
   grid-rows
   grid-columns

   These properties set up the grid template.

Positioning into the Grid Template

   grid-row
   grid-column
   grid-row-span
   grid-column-span
   grid-cell

   These properties place an element into the grid.

~fantasai