Re: [css3-transforms] Extending CSSOM interface

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:39:21 -0700
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>
> > On 2/16/12 1:52 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> >> The current thinking of the CSSOM editors is that the specification of
> >> getPropertyCSSValue() and the CSS*Value types should be segregated from
> >> the current draft and placed into a separate module/spec, e.g., "CSSOM
> >> Values". It would be useful to hear opinions on this idea.
> >
> > If we want to get CSSOM to anything like CR in finite time, this is an
> > awesome idea.
>
> If that helps to speed up CSSOM sure. But hopefully there would be
> progress on CSSOM Value as well. If it just gets separated to not work on
> it anymore, it would be a bad.

The main idea is to speed up the process. The editors feel that finalizing
the specification text and obtaining closure on baseline CSSOM sans
CSS*Value will be easier than if it were included. I would hope that a
"CSSOM Values" module could proceed in parallel, possibly with additional
editorial resources if they should materialize.