Re: [css3-writing-modes] rename 'text-orientation' initial value to 'mixed-right'

fantasai wrote:

> After reviewing Microsoft's proposal for UTR50, Koji and I thought the name
> 'mixed-right' was better than 'upright-right' or the previous
> 'vertical-right'. So I'm making this change, unless people object. :)
>
> <del>text-orientation: vertical-right</del>
> <del>text-orientation: upright-right</del>
> <ins>text-orientation: mixed-right</ins>

Hmmm, 'mixed-right' doesn't seem like an improvement, it's equally opaque. ;)

The default value should convey the "natural" default for vertical text.  The
more I think about this the more I think simply using 'normal' would be better,
since it's going to be very hard to come up with a property value name that
reflects the relatively complicated nature of the default orientation.

I also think 'upright' might be better named 'stacked', since Microsoft's
proposal means that text isn't always actually upright in this case (e.g.
Arabic).

What was 'vertical-right'???  I don't see it anywhere in the previous draft.

Cheers,

John