Re: [css3-ui] Negative values in outline-offset?

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:02:02 +0800
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
(An old thread about outline-offset being negative)

(11/05/02 20:49), Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> No, it just means that some implementations may not support all
> negative values for some properties even though per spec they really
> should.

What should happen when the absolute value is bigger than half of the
smaller outer border edge than? Test case:

data:text/html,<p style="outline: solid; outline-offset: -2em;">Test

WebKit browsers draw no outline in this case and Firefox....  I can't
quite describe it... it's something like a normal outline without two
top corners.

I suggest we either explicitly mark it undefined (this case is contrived
anyway) or spec WebKit's behavior.