Re: [css3-ui] Negative values in outline-offset?

(An old thread about outline-offset being negative)

(11/05/02 20:49), Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> No, it just means that some implementations may not support all
> negative values for some properties even though per spec they really
> should.

What should happen when the absolute value is bigger than half of the
smaller outer border edge than? Test case:

data:text/html,<p style="outline: solid; outline-offset: -2em;">Test

WebKit browsers draw no outline in this case and Firefox....  I can't
quite describe it... it's something like a normal outline without two
top corners.

I suggest we either explicitly mark it undefined (this case is contrived
anyway) or spec WebKit's behavior.