Re: Vendor Prefixes and Generic Prefixes: who shall use which when and why?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> In particular, the standards process was delayed because I (and others
> at Apple) didn't have enough time to devote to working on specs. Despite
> having billions in the bank, we don't have the luxury of full-time W3C
> editors like Hixie and Tab.

And why is that? It probably has something to do with the fact that if you
ship a prefixed property, evangelize it, and it gets uptake, there is no
business reason to invest in standardizing it for the benefit of your
competitors. Which is more or less what Boris said.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us