Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Paris F2F Monday Morning 2012-02-06: Administrivia, Vendor Prefixes, Property/Value Alias OM

From: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:56:54 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On 7/2/12 10:41, fantasai wrote:
> tantek: Opposite is happening right now. Web standards activists are
> teaching
> people to use -webkit-
> tantek: People like Lea Verou.
> tantek: Their demos are filled with -webkit-. You will see presentations
> from all the web standards advocates advocating people to use
> -webkit- prefixes.

This almost borderlines on slander.

I always actively advocated *against* this practice, and it's shocking
to see being accused of it myself. Even just a few minutes ago I
finished reviewing a new piece for SM and that was one of my main
criticisms. Being against this practice was the main reason I made
-prefix-free for crying out loud!

Tantek apparently only checked my work in WebKit, saw -webkit- and
unprefixed only (cause that's how -prefix-free works) and inferred that
I only added and advocated adding -webkit- prefixes. Didn't even check
the source, nothing. Shocking how easily some people assume the worst
and spread it around with little or no evidence.

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)