Re: [css3-animations] What does animation-fill-mode do when animation-iteration-count is zero?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 09:29:41 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 2/5/12 9:11 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> I also don't understand why it's important to avoid a discontinuity on something
> that's unlikely to be iterated on.

It doesn't matter whether it gets iterated.  It's more important whether
someone will ever compute a value for it, especially in JavaScript.
Given that computation in JS happens on floating-point numbers and that
such computation is subject to rounding error, any sort of discontinuous
behavior means that in some conditions behavior will suddenly depend on
something like order of addition operations when adding up the elements
of an array.  And then web developers will (rightly, imo) curse whoever
came up with such a setup.

-Boris