RE: [css3-animations] What does animation-fill-mode do when animation-iteration-count is zero?

[Dean Jackson:]

> On 02/02/2012, at 5:36 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
> wrote:

> >> When I raised this back in
> >> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Oct/0107.html>,
> >> David argued that it would make sense to avoid a discontinuity at 0.
> >> With that reasoning,
> >>
> >> - start event and end event should dispatch at the end of the delay
> >> - fill mode 'backwards'/'both' should have an effect during the delay
> >> phase
> >> - fill mode 'forwards'/'both' should have an effect after the delay
> >> phase
> >
> > I agree with dbaron that this is the ideal behavior.
>
> Me too. It's pretty simple to understand.

Great. One asserts it's ideal, the other it's simple. I don't think it's
either :) I don't think it's that obvious, and neither do the implementors here
asking the question; I'd like the people who it is to explain why it's obvious
and/or better than the alternative.

I also don't understand why it's important to avoid a discontinuity on something
that's unlikely to be iterated on.