Re: [css3-transforms] Making transform-origin a list, converting transform to comma separated

From: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 15:13:01 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 4/2/12 12:19, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Lea Verou<leaverou@gmail.com>  wrote:
> While comma separation would probably be appropriate, it's not
> necessary for disambiguation here (unlike all the other examples
> you've provided).

My point was that it's necessary for consistency, not disambiguation.

> We should probably have an origin() transform or something that
> affects all following transforms up to the next origin().

I see three problems with this:

- More verbose for the average case (although depends on the statistics,
I can only estimate)
- Can't be partially overridden.
- Inconsistent with how other properties work

Admittedly not serious issues, but what's the benefit?

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)