Re: [css3-ui][issue] resize doesn't describe actual UA's behavior

Would it be possible to have this issue logged somewhere?

-----Message d'origine-----
From: François REMY
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:58 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [css3-ui][issue] resize doesn't describe actual UA's behavior

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a small bug report for the css3-ui spec [1]:

The specced 'resize' proprety's behavior is *completely* different from the
behavior implemented in browsers supporting the property (FireFox/Chrome).

The spec proposes to create "scaling factors" for the element when the user
resizes it that stick even if the size of the element changes (:hover...)
(but that's a problem according to me because there's no way for a script to
understand that scaling factor).

To the contrary, browsers implement the resize property by allowing the user
to set the inline-style's width/height properties on the resizable element.
In all UAs that support 'resize', an "!important" rule will make the resize
ineffective.

I believe we should update the spec to match the UAs implementation
(something I propose would however be to set min-width instead of width to
allow hover effects to work expectedly).

Best regards,
François

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#resize