Re: Initial values for widows and orphans

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:19:50 -0800
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
To: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
So far, I'm with Gèrard. If the only "breakage" is that printed pages look better, I'd hardly consider that a serious bug. Printed pages have long been different between implementations anyway, so changing printing towards a common good instead of towards status quo is generally a positive thing. Not likely to raise a great hew and cry. Most people won't even notice, except maybe some notice that the typography got a little better (although I'm sure WebKit can't even scratch its nose without some people complaining).

On Dec 13, 2012, at 2:41 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:

> I know of one buggy page - <http://www.bionicsquirrels.com/category/flash-games> (tries to make a grid of articles by having [number_of_rows] divs each with column-count:3 and containing three 99%-width inline-block articles). It's apparently some WordPress theme so it's possible there are more such pages, but so far I haven't seen the need to escalate beyond our own site compatibility efforts ("Open The Web" evangelism, site patching).

Can you explain what breaks? Does it screw up the printing somehow? I don't have access to an Opera browser at the moment.