Re: Initial values for widows and orphans

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:03:09 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
On 12/13/2012 10:19 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> Can you explain what breaks? Does it screw up the printing somehow?
> I don't have access to an Opera browser at the moment.

It would affect pages that use inline-block to do coarse layout. This
will eventually be solved by people switching to flexbox and grid, etc.
But for now, it would mean that such layouts would print with some
unnecessary gapping as the UA tries to keep at least two "rows" together
when possible.

~fantasai