Re: [media-queries] and Ambient Light Sensor API

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:23:06 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>, "Florian Rivoal" <florian@rivoal.net>
|  If we name and document things correctly, I think we only need one media
|  query here to serve both the use case of adaptability to ambient light
|  and high contrast for accessibility's sake.

Interesting idea. We should probably ask the question to a a11y expert to be
sure, but I think both have roughly the same effect indeed.

[[ Reading
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465764.aspx ]]

Note: the Microsoft MQ has two high-contrast modes: black-on-white and
white-on-black. Also, in high-contrast mode, the browser automatically
modify the site's layout to match the high-contrast requirements unless the
"-ms-high-contrast-adjust: none;" property is specified on an element. I'm
not sure we want the browser to automatically adjust a website for night
mode when it wasn't specified by the author.

But if we can work those issues out, it's probably a good idea.