Re: [css-device-adapt][cssom] Missing VIEWPORT_RULE definition

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:56:26 +0900
To: "John Daggett" <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Sylvain Galineau" <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:47:38 +0900, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Agreed.  WebappsWG ran into similar "distributed number minting" with
> error types, and just gave up on numeric codes in favor of names.  Old
> types still return the values they were previously defined with, but
> new errors just have a code of 0 and communicate their type solely
> through their name.

Actually we decided strings would give a better API going forward. We
never really had a coordination problem for exception types. We used a
wiki before we decided to revamp the DOM specification.

We have a similar wiki page for CSSOM that people can use to register new
constants:

http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/cssom-constants

Nobody has done so yet it seems.

--