CSSRule rule type constants (was Re: [css-device-adapt][cssom] Missing VIEWPORT_RULE definition)

On Wednesday 2011-10-12 09:56 +0900, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:47:38 +0900, Tab Atkins Jr.
> <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Agreed.  WebappsWG ran into similar "distributed number minting" with
> >error types, and just gave up on numeric codes in favor of names.  Old
> >types still return the values they were previously defined with, but
> >new errors just have a code of 0 and communicate their type solely
> >through their name.
>
> Actually we decided strings would give a better API going forward.
> We never really had a coordination problem for exception types. We
> used a wiki before we decided to revamp the DOM specification.
>
> We have a similar wiki page for CSSOM that people can use to
> register new constants:
>
> http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/cssom-constants
>
> Nobody has done so yet it seems.

I just edited this to:
 * include the rule types in css3-animations in the name column and
   not just the description column
 * use the values for KEYFRAMES_RULE and KEYFRAME_RULE that are used
   in css3-animations (7 and 8) rather than 8 and 9 as you had.
 * mention the values that were in DOM-Level-2-Style rather than
   just saying "Not assigned"
 * make the last column of the table actually show up.

Except I just noticed that the values in css3-animations actually
don't match the values implemented in WebKit (the 8 and 9 you used
to have on the wiki).  (In Gecko I used what the spec said: 7 and
8.)

-David