Re: [css-device-adapt][cssom] Missing VIEWPORT_RULE definition

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> We have a similar wiki page for CSSOM that people can use to register new
> constants:
>
> http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/cssom-constants
>
> Nobody has done so yet it seems.

This is better than nothing but I had no idea this existed.  How about a note
in the spec pointing to this page?  And we should probably add in the constants
defined in various specs already (e.g. the constants in CSS3 Animation).

The current spec has this:

> Vendors are encouraged to use reasonably unique values outside this
> range so that they do not clash with extensions from other vendors.
> For example, the first value for Mozilla could be 0x08EC0001 and
> 0x09E8A001 could be the first for Opera.

Where the heck do those numbers come from?!?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a registry of vendor-specific constants on
the wiki page?

-o-       1000
-ms-      2000
-moz-     3000