Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:56:58 -0400
To: Brian Blakely <bblakely@innovationinteractive.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 10/5/11 1:47 PM, Brian Blakely wrote:
> Linear size is all that makes sense to me for the absolute coordinates
> currently defined.

"px" are a measure of angular size, not linear size, in CSS.

But that wasn't my question.  My question is what information you're
actually trying to get, not what CSS does or doesn't allow you to do
right now.  Once I understand what problem you're trying to solve, I'll
be in a better position to say something meaningful...

> UAs do have to fix this behavior, so why hasn't it been fixed?

Which behavior?  Are you talking "fix" as in "make not broken" or "fix"
as in "make unchanging"?  My mail used it in the latter sense, which may
be confusing in this context...

-Boris