W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > October 2011

[CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-10-05

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:04:13 -0700
Message-ID: <4E8C9C1D.1070203@inkedblade.net>
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Summary:
   - RESOLVED: for TR drafts that are not actively maintained, republish the
               existing TR drafts with a note explaining that the module is
               currently unmaintained, and add a pointer to the editor's draft
   - RESOLVED: Tab to add warning to unmaintained editors drafts
   - Also discussed TPAC registration, remaining issues for css3-images to LC,
     and IDPF coordination

====== Full minutes below ======

Present:
   CÚsar Acebal
   David Baron
   Bert Bos
   Daniel Glazman
   Arron Eicholz
   Elika Etemad
   Molly Holzschlag
   Koji Ishii
   John Jansen
   Brad Kemper
   Chris Lilley
   Peter Linss
   Anton Prowse
   Florian Rivoal
   Alan Stearns
   Steve Zilles

<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-css-irc
<glazou> Regrets from hardy, danielw, kimberlyblessing, dsinger, sylvaing, Tab, smfr
<johnjansen> glazou, Microsoft is about to have a firedrill and we will need to evacuate the building... it should take about 
20 minutes.
<glazou> johnjansen: ROFL, ok
* ChrisL suspects a small telcon over before the fire drill ends
<Zakim> +arronei; got it
<johnjansen> there goes the alarm... back in a bit
<arronei> and there goes the fire alarm...

Scribe: dbaron

Administrative
--------------

   glazou: Extra items for today?
   Bert: I sent an item about the IDPF -- the epub plans.
   <glazou> http://www.w3.org/mid/CAAWBYDAbkFf6jtK_aQBwTgOsBmE5c=vs1fnQkk30ZBXwew_qjA@mail.gmail.com

Publishing css3-images as last call
-----------------------------------

   <Zakim> +SteveZ
   Chris: last call is a good thing -- requires having no open issues.
          Brad was arguing that his issue hadn't been resolved.
   glazou: Brad said he hadn't yet had time to answer Tab's last message
           on the thread but planned to do so.
   glazou: agree to wait?
   Chris: Should probably have a time limit -- ask Brad to respond within
          2 weeks, or alternatively raise it as an LC comment.
   ACTION Chris: email Brad (on public ML) asking Brad to respond within 2 weeks
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-370

Not-maintained note on non-actively-maintained specs
----------------------------------------------------

   <glazou> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2011JulSep/0358.html
   Chris: sounds like a good idea... though I'd have put css3-values in the
          same category until it was recently revived
   florian: unmaintained doesn't mean it won't be maintained again in the future
   glazou: (1) agree w/ florian (2) we should reflect the warning also in the
           list of documents we maintain on the roadmap
   florian: Helps new people coming along -- avoid wasting their time.
   glazou: Tab is volunteering to make the edits.
   glazou: I suggest I email him about what we just said and let him do the edits.
   glazou: ok for everyone?
   Bert: several of these have been published.   Should we put something on
         the TR page?  That's the more important publication than the CVS one.
   glazou: doable?
   Bert: we can certainly republish w/ new status section
   glazou: let's do that
   glazou: Once the edits are made (by Tab), I suggest we publish
   dbaron: editor's draft may be substantially different from TR page draft
   dbaron: somebody should probably take a few minutes to look at each one and
           see if it makes more sense to push the editor's draft to the TR page
           or republish what's now on the TR page with a warning
   dbaron: css3-linebox
   dbaron: something else mentioned
   Steve: css3-linebox -- John wants to edit in near future
   dbaron: I'd rather somebody spend 10 minutes thinking about the issue
   glazou: On what basis would you make a decision?
   Steve: One idea is to republish TR draft with note that it's no longer
          maintain, but also link to editor's draft
   glazou: That way the edits are easy to make and we have a link to the
           editor's draft
   dbaron: fine with me
   glazou: steve's proposal accepted
   RESOLVED: for TR drafts, republish the existing TR drafts with the note,
             and add pointer to editor's draft
   RESOLVED: Tab to add warning to unmaintained editors drafts

[discussion with brad about responding to issue]

TPAC
----

   glazou: reminder, register for TPAC if you plan to attend.  There's a fee,
           which gets a lot higher if you don't register in time.  Also book
           travel and hotel.  There are also less expensive hotels nearby
           (Avatar hotel across street).
   glazou: I'll send link to Avatar after the call.
   glazou: We also need to collect agenda items for the TPAC.  Is there a
           wiki page for that already?
   glazou: I'm waiting for the final answer for Paris -- we exceed 24 for
           the first meeting room I was planning.
   <Bert> -> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/ TPAC registration form
   <dbaron> https://www.w3.org/Style/Group/meetings.html
   <dbaron> if we migrate to wiki, should only migrate down to point where
             minutes became public
   molly: I'll migrate that to wiki
   molly: and set up wiki pagefor tpac meeting
   <fantasai> http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/tpac-2011
   <glazou> www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/avatar

IDPF
----

   Bert: working on epub -- we've been working on vertical text in text module
   Bert: they recently decided to start new WG on adaptive dynamic layout
   Bert: for multicol, grid positioning, and other things
   Bert: It's clear we won't be able to match their schedule; they want it
         done by July next year.
   Bert: We can help them along ... things may need prefixes.  And keep in
         contact so we know what they want and they know what we can do.
   Bert: How do we do the coordination?
   Bert: Brady Duga (chair of new WG) is in CSS WG
   Bert: Would be good if somebody participating in layout stuff from our
         side were involved in their meetings.
   glazou: You said that ??? is going to attend TPAC or find somebody else
           more technical.
   glazou: If we have a representative there at TPAC, shouldn't we discuss
           this at TPAC?
   ACTION: glazou to invite Bill McCoy to CSS Working group's meeting at TPAC
           to discuss coordination with IDPF
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-371
   Steve: and invite as many IDPF participants as could attend
   glazou: I'll do that
   glazou: We have at least 2 implementors of epub in the WG (Adobe and me),
           also Koji
   glazou: ok, short meeting.  talk to you next week.
Received on Wednesday, 5 October 2011 18:05:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 17:20:45 GMT