RE: [css3-animations] display:none, visibility:hidden and animations

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:54:32 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Tab:
> If you ignore
> performance optimizations, the only thing that display:none really
> does is prevent you from doing "used values"

I realize it's an old draft and the language has changed in the CSS4 flavor, but cases like this are part of what I was concerned about:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-css3-images-20110217/#interpolating-gradients

11.2, second list
# 1.Convert both the start and end gradients to their used value.

I'm also curious what "display:none;" does to percentage values (everywhere) that are resolved against the used width/height w/r/t transitioning.