Re: [css-regions] The region-overflow property

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:30:05 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Oct 4, 2011, at 1:23 PM, David Hyatt wrote:

> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-regions/#region-overflow
>
> It is ambiguous (to me at least) in section 4.4 whether region-overflow:break causes clipping to occur when content spills out of the last region. I am assuming the only thing it affects is pagination at the last region edge, and that clipping is always controlled by overflow.

Actually upon re-reading this, it sounds like you do expect the content that paginates as a result of region-overflow:break to be into some unrendered space when region-overflow:break is specified. That seems like fine behavior to me, but it should probably be specified a bit more clearly in the text.