Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On Nov 25, 2011, at 9:36 AM, "Florian Rivoal" <florianr@opera.com> wrote:

> I think we should be consistent about all images inserted into content
> from css, have none of them behave as replaced content, and add a
> separate property to opt in the other behavior.

The image itself would need to be like a replaced element if combined with text, insofar as having display behavior as 'inline-block'. So it should be inline block always, but not change the thing containing it (the element or pseudo-element), which should retain whatever 'display' it had on it before.