Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:56:31 -0600
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>

On Nov 25, 2011, at 9:36 AM, "Florian Rivoal" <florianr@opera.com> wrote:

> I think we should be consistent about all images inserted into content
> from css, have none of them behave as replaced content, and add a
> separate property to opt in the other behavior.

The image itself would need to be like a replaced element if combined with text, insofar as having display behavior as 'inline-block'. So it should be inline block always, but not change the thing containing it (the element or pseudo-element), which should retain whatever 'display' it had on it before.